Sunday, February 25, 2007

Real Winter

Now this is Minnesota! We finally got our winter snow. And it only took until Feb. 24th. I guess Winter didn't like my Spring Fever. We must have gotten around eight inches of snow last night. These are the days I am grateful for 4-wheel drive and my snow blower. The snow blew all night and when we woke up, we had drifts 2 feet deep or more. I checked the news to see if church was cancelled. Of course, it was not. I blew out the driveway and blasted the pickup through our unplowed street. "Cool Dad! Whip a cookie!", cried Number One Son.
"You got it Son!", I answered.
Lady Di then gave me 'The Look'.
"I mean, that's dangerous N1S. We want to be safe drivers. Right hon?", I backtracked.
As we pulled into the church parking lot, we noticed that it was kind of empty for the 8am service. We were the first ones in the church. The usher said, "I guess everyone gets 2 cups of wine at communion today."
"Awwwwright! I love church! Can we have 2 cookies in the fellowship hall after the service too?", I ventured. I celebrated with a one fist arm pump when the usher nodded excitedly. So church is off to an awesome start. When the service started I counted twelve other people besides us in the building.
"Wow", I said. "We're going to get a lot of 'church' in us today."
Well, church let out, I got only one brownie, (another Look) and we were on our way home. I was a little disappointed to see that the plow had made a pass through our street. No more 4-wheelin'. After lunch the plow came through again to clear out the cul-de-sac. He left a 10 foot mountain of snow next to our drive way. We had to leash the kids to keep them from scaling Mt. Snowy before they got boots and coats on. Once they were properly clothed, out they raced. I came out shortly thereafter, and said, "Alright, grab a shovel and lets clean up the rest of this driveway." Then the snowballs came from the mountain. I guess I'm on my own.
Well, the driveway got cleared. The kids got soaked. And we all got hot chocolate. Thanks Lady Di. This turned out to be a very good snow day. Even if nothing was cancelled.

3 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

wow! That's some mountain there.

Deb said...

Wow, way to go snow plow man! I think if I were home I would have been running over there to slide down too!

Dad Stuff said...

Great Deb. Tell Troy to bring his snowboard.

Thanks C-T Dad.

Stuff About Me

My photo
I'm a 40 year old dad of two. My wonderful wife, Lady Di, and I try to keep the kids from blowing things up here in central Minnesota.