Saturday, February 10, 2007

Chin-up bar update

The other day, I was standing in the kitchen eating my Power Bar. OK, it was a donut. When my young daughter walked in and said, "Gee, Dad, your muscles are really big." I then brushed the donut crumbs from her face that I accidentally coughed at her.
"Thank you Emery." I beamed. "Do you really think so?"
"Yeah, Dad. You must be the strongest Dad in the world."
She is such a bright child.
Ethan, then looked up from his breakfast and said, "Dad, will I ever be as strong as you?"
"Certainly, Son. All it takes is hard work.", I advised.
Just then, Lady Di came storming out of the laundry room. "This is the fourth shirt you've ruined this week!, she shrieked. The arms are ripped and the chest and shoulders are totally stretched out!"
Baffled, I stammered, "I can't understand why my shirts keep getting ruined. All I'm doing is wearing them while I do Chin-ups."
With a sigh of disgust, Lady Di screamed, "I wish I would never have gotten that chin-up bar for you!"
I countered with, "Well, you don't seem to complain when I vacuum without my shirt on."
"Yeah, I guess you're right.", she agreed. "I do like your shirtless struts around the house."
Ethan then excitedly shouted, "Dad, can I use your chin-up bar?"
I humored him and said "Sure you can, but it takes a lot of time and effort to work your way up to... 6 pull-ups like your dad."

After a while I got tired of counting Ethan's pull-ups. "Gee, Dad, this is fun. Can I keep going or do you want to do your 6?"
Tomorrow, I hang clothes on that @#!& bar!

2 comments:

simplicity said...

Every time I look at your blog, that picture cracks me up! Really!

sweet treat said...

You are so hilarious! I was laughing out loud when i read this one.
Ethan is so cute, he really looks up to his dad! He wants to be just like you!

Stuff About Me

My photo
I'm a 40 year old dad of two. My wonderful wife, Lady Di, and I try to keep the kids from blowing things up here in central Minnesota.