Monday, April 2, 2007

Opening Day!

We're gonna win Twins, we're gonna score!
We're gonna win Twins, watch that baseball soar!
Knock out a home run, shout a hip hooray!
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins to-day!

Today is opening day. The Twins are on TV. The kids are making Twins posters for good luck. Emery drew a batter with a yellow hat. "Emery, the Twins wear blue hats.", I said.
"I know. I just like yellow better.", she replied.
"OK, as long as they win."
She also drew a picture for the cheerleaders. I don't have the heart to tell her there are no cheerleaders in baseball.
Ethan drew a pretty good picture of Johann Santana pitching with fire on the pitches. Notice the anti-Oriole sign. Most experts pick the Twins to finish third in the division. They did the same thing last year and the Twins won the division. How can they go wrong with the Cy Young winner, the batting champ, and the league MVP.
Win or lose, I love to follow the Twins. I especially enjoy listening to them on the radio. It will be different this year with the loss of Twins broadcasting legend, Herb Carneal. He had been the Twins radio commentator since the Twins were founded in 1962.
Touch em all Herb Carneal.

2 comments:

Rand said...

And they won! Keep coloring, kids!

melakaplanter said...

Dear my friend,

Thanks for your comment. Sorry for the late reply. I a bit busy for the past few weeks. Busy of study land law paper.....next month need to take exam.

In fact, I am facing postin problem in my blog since a month ago. Luckly, my bloger friend, carol help me to slove for me and now I am able to blog again.

The photo in my blog is one of my survey project at highway,,,....landslide. No for my little danish.

I saw a few drawing...from your children?

Great...ok....catch up with you.

Lai

http://ilmunidham.blogspot.com

Stuff About Me

My photo
I'm a 40 year old dad of two. My wonderful wife, Lady Di, and I try to keep the kids from blowing things up here in central Minnesota.