Monday, January 15, 2007

My little heart breaker


My young daughter is precocious to say the least. The most recent example of this was last week. She was getting ready for preschool. She was dressed and clean, watching television while I packed her backpack. I like to tease her from time to time. I asked her if she was ready for school.
"Yes.", she replied.
I asked, "Are you going to listen to your teacher"?
"Yes. ", she said still watching TV.
I then said, "You can't kiss any of the boys today, OK?".
She said, "Why?".
My dad-senses started tingling. "What do you mean, Why?" , I inquired, pushing the vein back into my temple. "Are there some boys you want to kiss?"
"No", she replied.
Wanting to know her reasoning I asked, "Why not?".
She nonchalantly stated, "Because none of them are my husband."
I know her little girl mind was thinking, "Duh, dad".

2 comments:

delightful-d said...

She does say the cutest things doesn't she? We just never know what will come out of her mouth. Great post husband!

melakaplanter said...

cute girl.

I also have a naughty danish in my house.

Best Regards

Lai

http://ilmunidham.blogspot.com

Stuff About Me

My photo
I'm a 40 year old dad of two. My wonderful wife, Lady Di, and I try to keep the kids from blowing things up here in central Minnesota.