Sunday, May 13, 2007

Is it over yet?



Our five year old, Emery, has been worried about being scared lately. She doesn't want to see any scary things on television or she will have bad dreams. Whenever the Goblin showed up in the Spiderman movie, she would cover her eyes and ask, "Tell me when it's over."
This system usually worked pretty well. We would say when a scary part was coming up. She would cover her eyes. And we would tell her when it was over.
This worked great at suppertime during dessert too.
"Emery! Look out! I think you're coming to a scary part in your cake! Cover your eyes!"

As I removed her fork from the back of my hand, I reconsidered how great that plan was.
I'm not sure why, but she also is saying she is afraid of the dark. She has three night lights in her room. How dark can it be? One nightlight is a cool mini lava lamp that puts a color show on the ceiling. Another one is an owl that has glowing eyes. How could anyone be scared with an orange eyed owl protecting you? She even gets scared when I wake her up to show her my new Halloween masks.

Anyway, we were watching the movie, Flubber, last weekend. There was only one scary part. One scene showed Robin Williams kissing his character's love interest. Ethan groaned. "Oh, great! Kissing!"
Emery answered, "Ethan, cover your eyes. I'll tell when it is over."

The Corpse Bride

No comments:

Stuff About Me

My photo
I'm a 40 year old dad of two. My wonderful wife, Lady Di, and I try to keep the kids from blowing things up here in central Minnesota.