Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Biker Babe



Our daughter, Emery, has a new bike. Gramma Bev and Grampa Ray brought a beautiful pink and purple 'big girl' bike down from Bemidji. Emery was so excited. She still uses training wheels but we will help her learn to ride this summer without them. Right now she is using the one-training-wheel-lean technique. We'll work on actually balancing later this summer.
She already has had her first wipe out, even with training wheels. Don't worry, I won't show another gory picture of mangled flesh. Dad made the mistake of letting her ride with a dress on. Her knee got a huge raspberry. It was traumatic for a while, until she got the Dora the Explorer band aid. Then she was back on the bike and tootling around the cul-de-sac.

She is growing up so fast. It seems like she just learned to crawl and now she will be riding her bike soon. Each time the kids reach another milestone, it always allows them a little more freedom and enables them to reach just a little bit farther from us. I know it is inevitable, but I only hope they don't go so far as to not come back.
Maybe I'll leave the training wheels on for one more summer.

2 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

So true -- the kids learning stuff and all.

My daughter is becoming less and less dependant on me and in a way I miss it.
She's not even 2 yet (something is wrong)

melakaplanter said...

Dear my friend,

I also wish my danish can run like your daughter.

How are you? I cough for nearly 2 weeks and still no recovered yet.

Best regards

lai

Stuff About Me

My photo
I'm a 40 year old dad of two. My wonderful wife, Lady Di, and I try to keep the kids from blowing things up here in central Minnesota.